Our flu campaign begins in September 2019, please check with reception for clinic times by calling 0191 5842106 between 10.00am and 4.00pm. If you are signed up for online access you will be able to make your appointment with the nurse in the same way you would book for a GP however please note these nurse appointments are for flu vaccines only.
We will have a limited supply of vaccines available.
Patient Groups to be vaccinated
- Immunosuppressed patients
- People aged 65 years and over
- All those aged six months or over in a clinical risk group such as diabetes, asthma, heart conditions, cancers. (This list is not exhaustive please check with reception if you think you are eligible).
- All pregnant women
- People living in long-stay residential care homes
- Patients who have a Learning Disability
- Those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance or those who are the main carer or the carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
- Frontline health and social care workers
If you fit the above criteria please do not wait to receive a letter from us either ring the surgery and make your appointment 0191 5842106 or book online.
If you think you have flu symptoms please help us in containing the level of infection by staying at home and not attending the surgery.
Contact NHS 111
You can reduce the risk of further infection by using disposable tissues, sneezing and coughing into tissues, place into a bin and wash your hands regularly using soap and water or antibacterial gel. Good personal and home hygiene will reduce the risk of further infection to others.