This practice is committed to giving you, our patients, a caring, efficient and high quality medical service in pleasant, calm surroundings. Respect for each other and for you, our patients, is what we all want, but we cannot achieve this without your help and co-operation. Our Charter is a two-way process.
Our aim is to
Treat you to the very best of our ability, within the resources available to us.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Provide you with emergency care.
- See urgent cases the same day.
- Notify patients with routine appointments on arrival if there is a delay of more than 15 minutes.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Deal with complaints promptly.
- We have a complaints procedure – if you are not happy with the service we provide please tell us. We will listen to constructive comments and suggestions and act upon them appropriately.
What we expect from you
- Treat us with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Help the receptionists to help you. Please do not give misleading information requesting an urgent appointment if a routine appointment will suffice.
- Please do not call out the duty doctor after hours for routine or non urgent matters.
- Do not request a home visit unless you are seriously ill and housebound.
- Familiarise yourself with our appointment system and to keep your appointment and on time. If you are late by 15 minutes or more you will be asked to make another appointment.
- Let us know when you no longer need an appointment or cannot keep it so that it can be offered to someone else.
- Do not ask doctors to see more than one person during one appointment.
- Co-operate and be understanding when we are busy or overstretched and remember that delays can happen, usually because someone else needs our help more urgently or needs more time during a consultation.
- Realise that we are not perfect and can make mistakes.